Outlook for mac is finally here! Mac user can now setup their Microsoft Exchange account using Outlook 2011 and we have the article that will get you up and running. Let's take a look at the steps below to get you going:
1. First thing you'll want to do is open up Outlook 2011 and from the Outlook drop-down menu, select Preferences.
2. On the Preferences menu, you'll select Accounts
and on the accounts screen, select E-Mail Account
. 3. Enter your email address & password
and the box will then expand. You'll enter the following information below:
- Username - Enter your entire email address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Type - Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming server: secure.emailsrvr.com Port: 993 Check the "Override default port" & "Use SSL to connect" boxes.
- Outgoing server: secure.emailsrvr.com Port: 465 Check the "Override default port" & "Use SSL to connect" boxes.
Note: If you already have an account(s) configured, select the plus symbol in the lower left hand corner, then select Email Account.
5. Click Add Account and the click "More Options"
under outgoing server. Note: If you already have email on the server, your email will slowly begin to populate your inbox. This can take some time dependning on how much data you have.